Re: Content negociation on SliTaz Network

I'll admit, I haven't read all the e-mails, only the last 20, so
this might be a little half-informed and half-arsed but here goes.

I agree with Indigo. There is a need for clear direction. There are
many projects out there that try to focus on a single principle like
GNOME or KISS which end up sucking because each developer and
contributor has their own definition of what each principle means.
This leads to them contradicting each other and removing essential
features for 'the sake of the principle'. Xchat-gnome is a good
(or bad?) example of this happening.

Hence the argument that we need more direction. Maybe a monthly meeting
on IRC or wherever with a bot logging the conversation for later. I
could probably setup such a script for TBot and then just do a quick
conversion of the text to HTML so I can upload it somewhere for
everybody to view. We can then structure a wiki page somewhere where we
can add points that need to be discussed and work from there.

We could also maybe write up a code of conduct or generally what we
mean with each concept. Like what we expect from developers or
contributors. What we mean with KISS and how to implement it. Basic
pages like that to avoid confusion.

We can also decide on what should be goals of SliTaz and how to
implement them. This way it avoids confusion, disagreements and
arguments later on.

Just a thought though.