Re: Blending edge ISO - 2

Hi Daniele,

> > Make me nearly cry... What is strange is that now we use
> > CONFIG_M386 but if I do a 'uname -a' I got i686. I say that because
> > we though these kernel panic came from our new kernel and the
> > config M486, but it seems not.
> >

> But is uname's output of 686 related to CONFIG_M**386***?  i think
> not, uname -m prints out machine processor, i think config_M486
> is an optimization; have you tried with i386? and what about
> CONFIG_X86_GENERIC?

My bad it look like you correct an uname -a on stable give me also i686
(i was disturbed by a forum post on the subject that I can't find
anymore)

Yes I tried i386, it is the current processor type. On all slitaz you
can check kernel configuration since it is stored in /proc/config.gz. We
have CONFIG_X86_GENERIC:

$ zcat /proc/config.gz | grep CONFIG_X86_GENERIC