Re: Blending edge ISO - 2

> VIDEO
> Hi, i tried it on my machine (acer a0532h) and it didn't work: instead
> of slim i could only see screen mess; also, i couldn't return to a
> text console (ctrl+alt+F1); i could only blind typing reboot or
> killall Xorg.
>
> So i thought there were some packages missing:
> -libdrm-intel-2.4.23.tazpkg
> -mesa-7.10.1.tazpkg
> -mesa-dri-7.10.1.tazpkg
> -mesa-dri-intel-7.10.1.tazpkg
> -xorg-libXv-1.0.6.tazpkg
> -xorg-libXvMC-1.0.6.tazpkg
> -xorg-xf86-video-intel-2.14.0.tazpkg

You thought well I think.

> So maybe to get i915 properly working with X are needed also those
> packages above? note that the console was perfect, the issues regard
> only X (and slim, and so the whole "boot process" for a first-try-user
> of slitaz).

What I was afraid appends, we cant get dri support with out a huge
amount of packages. And we can't inlude Mesa in iso since we will grow
a lot. I'm going to push my xorg-server-light and disable all dri/agp
support.

> I've attached a gzipped tar with all the informations needed.

Yes thanks a lot I scanned all file and definitly we need mesa and
friends to handle correctly dri.

> WIFI
> Only needed to restart network.sh with the correct .conf and it
> works! :)

Cool!

> TAZWEB and BROWSERS
> Tazweb doesn't support gmail text-boxes, nor i can do ctrl+c from
> tazpanel; firefox couldn't start due to missing lib. (but doesn't
> matter, i was only interested in video and wifi, i know this is only a
> test).

Yep I add it just to have a simple browser, it will not be the default
browser, Midori is perfect for that.