Re: Fixes for cookutils

I was looking at packages.txt that cook pkglist made on tank. Its not has details like tazwok gen-list has.

Example of tazwok packages.txt file:
915resolution
    0.5.3
    Widescreen support; modify video BIOS of the 800 and 900 series Intel graphics chipsets
    20.0K (44.0K installed)

Your packages.txt file:
915resolution
    0.5.3
    Widescreen support; modify video BIOS of the 800 and 900 series Intel graphics chipsets
     ( installed)

I was looking at the code it lyour using the wok receipts. My explains why one of your receipts had PACKED_SIZE and UNPACKED_SIZE yesterday. You can only get the variables in the receipt in packages though.

I have found out some of the code that tazwok uses to rebuild slitaz repo without a build wok. It starts with get_pkg_files function in tazwok.

Code here for easy viewing:
get_pkg_files()
{
    pkg_files_dir=$tmp/$(basename ${1%.tazpkg})
    mkdir -p $pkg_files_dir && \
        cd $pkg_files_dir && \
        cpio --quiet -idm receipt < $1 && \
        cpio --quiet -idm files.list < $1
}

This continues with get_packages_info function and into gen_packages_db function. I hope this will help you start to understand the need for this. For example you can't make a repo of packages you downloaded in your cache with cookutils cause you would have to build everything for files.list.lzma to be made. This is not good. Its also not good for the source dvd.

I hope that i will have some of this code worked out by tomorrow for you.