Re: HPC-Europa

I think i could help make there livecd/dvd better too with modular slitaz. Based on what there using its slitaz 2.0 loram-cdrom. Basically its a full slitaz file system without any compression. Also there soft link root and home folder to /tmp and even /var/lib/tazpkg is soft link to /usr/.moved/var/lib/tazpkg folder.

Based on modular slitaz there can be core slitaz module then it will build up with there development stuff and then docs. This way there system will not need crazy soft links everywhere.

Also there docs could be host as a module on there website since i can add the module at boot even when booting iso directly with a boot option. The video would also not compress well anyway.

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 2:04 PM, Ikem Krueger <ikem.krueger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2011/1/24 Harald Klimach <h.klimach@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> Hi everybody,
>
> I've seen on the mailing list, that you are looking for a hosting service,
> and just wanted to point out, that the HPC-Europa project is using
> SliTaz: http://www.hpc-europa.eu/
>
> Thus, they might an interest in supporting the Distro, and maybe at
> least one of the national supercomputing centres has a spare machine
> they could offer.
>
> Therefore it might be worth a try to send a request to staff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> asking for a suitable box.

"The "HPC-Europa2 _Virtual Cluster Live DVD_" is a _SliTaz based_ Live
Linux DVD."

What the.. :D