Re: [cooking] various boot modes, successes and failures

On 22/12/2010 18:42, Philippe Lelédy wrote:
On 22/12/2010 17:09, Christopher Rogers wrote:
The squashfs+xz is not build into kernel. Its build as a module.
Yes, and thank you.

I have a problem somewhere else
[...]

I will go on trying.

Ph.L

I built again with gen-distro and now, *all work fine*. -- don't know why. My ram-iso is gunziped because it is faster at boot time, but my loram-ram and my loram-cdrom are *squashfs+xz* as, because they are not expanded at boot-time, I don't need gunzip's speed. My loram-cdrom has two modes of booting after the RAM available, if not enough RAM it uses the squashfs+xz on the cdrom if enough, it load this file in RAM
For me, it's the perfect setting, the maximum flexibility.

Next steps:

-1- loram-cdrom on USB
-2- uses ifmem.c32 to switch between booting mode automatically.