Re: Separate cache folders for undigest mirrors

After chatting with Gokhleyah on IRC, it seems the problem with config
files for new users has been solved, and with a bit more
consideration, there doesn't seem to be a need for /root to be kept in
the /home directory -- however, it would still be good to have some
way of adding persistent files such as /etc/network.conf that would
override the defaults present in a read-only filesystem, or including
other files and directories such as the addition of /opt.  I don't
know the best way to achieve this, but being able to reboot a liveCD
while maintaining specific changes in global settings is definitely
desirable....