Re: Separate cache folders for undigest mirrors

Let's remember the importance of keeping the permissions right for the
root user.  A regular user should not have the ability to change
settings in /etc or alter /var/cache -- I do like the idea of using
the home= boot option, though.  My idea is this:  lets make a
/home/root folder and just symlink /root to it.  In the /home/root
folder, we can have a cache directory, as well as the slitaz directory
(only a root user should be able to generate a new iso from the
existing filesystem, anyway) -- the permissions could remain
root:root, and this could facilitate a writable place for changes in
the root filesystem.  By this, I mean that the root user could make a
custom /etc/network.conf, or whatever, and have it persistent for the
next boot.  We could do away with /etc/skel also, as I suggested
before, and have one place for customizations that wouldn't affect
$user directories or the rootfs... this would mean that a user could
reboot into a completely different flavor, or custom package list, and
not lose display settings or wireless configs.