Re: Documentation Sprint

Hi Rohit --

On Tuesday 04 May 2010 02:41:55 Rohit Joshi wrote:
> Why wait till August?? Lets get started asap (before the world
> cup). We have already discussed among ourselves and given thumbs
> up to the idea.
> I think lets just give everybody freedom to improve/add/edit any
> wiki pages. Every page can be read and reviewed by anyone.
> Once the wiki documentation is written, we will pen down the
> process of reviewing.

I was planning only the actual sprint for August (perhaps a little far
ahead, admittedly), the fortnight or so. I was hoping to get a few
more people form the community involved beforehand with deciding the
most important pages etc. It would also be a chance to outline a
template for various parts, or any standards or advice we may dream up
in terms of "Problem / Symptoms / Solution / Notes" or whatever is
relevant. @Spork has mentioned it s a comment to my post (1) so
thought it may be worth discussing.

I agree there should be no reason for anybody to update the docs as
and when they wish! I'm sure many, including yourself, do; we can do
nothing without information from anyone that can give it. This is just
to get a handful completed and up to par with useful expectations :)

As I side note, I'll take out the 'claiming' idea. Hopefully that'll
encourage a bit more activity an won't mean anyone thinking they need
permission. Think I was thinking a bit too big! Just a 'get it done'
approach, after which we can review them. Kinda wanted it to be right
first

> PS: Please take care of "namespaces" in wiki.

Do you mean, make sure I know they are there or take more care about
where i put pages? I put this initial draft in the Scratchbook as it's
more about the distro process, rather than a guide to getting
something working. Feel free to move it (anybody) if it's in the wrong
place.

Thanks,
Ben

--