Re: Auto this, auto that...

> autologin as user & auto startx working properly !! You should be
> able to figure it out from the instructions I gave before.. but just
> in case:

Well done.

>  Autologin:
>  compile & install rungetty (as soon as I figure out howto work&use
> tazwok will provide a pkg.) open /etc/inittab and modify this line
> tty1::respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty1
> change it to
> tty1::respawn:/sbin/rungetty tty1 --autologin  $USER

>  Now edit and to your /home/$USER/.profile
>
> if [ -z "$SCREEN" ] && [ $(tty) = /dev/tty1 ]; then
>     while true
>     do
>        startx --
>        sleep 10
>     done
>  fi

> You might wish to disable slim... easiest way to do that is 'tazpkg
> remove slim'

Or remove Slim from RUN_DAEMONS in /etc/rcS.conf

>  #!/bin/sh
>  MSG="`which gxmessage`" || MSG=xmessage
>
>  $MSG -buttons "Reboot:1,Shutdown:2,Cancel" -center -title "Quit"
> "Reboot or Shutdown ?" case $? in
>     1) 'reboot' ;;
>     2) 'halt' ;;
>    *) exit ;;
>  esac

Ken, I have a deal for you. I give you a few tips about using mailing
lists and you give me a few tips about IRC, ok...

* Send you mail as text not HTML. Mail in HTML:
  http://listengine.tuxfamily.org/lists.tuxfamily.org/slitaz/2008/04/msg00006.html
  Mail in text:
  http://listengine.tuxfamily.org/lists.tuxfamily.org/slitaz/2008/04/msg00005.html

  Feel the difference...

* Justify the lines to 72-80 characters so that people using a mail
  client in text mode can easily read them (def Xterm = 80 characters).

SliTaz GNU/Linux Mailing list.
Web site : http://www.slitaz.org/