Auto this, auto that...

autologin as user & auto startx working properly !! You should be able to figure it out from the instructions I gave before.. but just in case:

Autologin:
compile & install rungetty (as soon as I figure out howto work&use tazwok will provide a pkg.)
open /etc/inittab and modify this line
tty1::respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 tty1
change it to
tty1::respawn:/sbin/rungetty tty1 --autologin  $USER

Now edit and to your /home/$USER/.profile

if [ -z "$SCREEN" ] && [ $(tty) = /dev/tty1 ]; then
   while true
   do
      startx --
      sleep 10
   done
fi

You might wish to disable slim... easiest way to do that is 'tazpkg remove slim'

#!/bin/sh
MSG="`which gxmessage`" || MSG=xmessage

$MSG -buttons "Reboot:1,Shutdown:2,Cancel" -center -title "Quit" "Reboot or Shutdown ?"
case $? in
   1) 'reboot' ;;
   2) 'halt' ;;
  *) exit ;;
esac

http://klhrevolution.nfshost.com
Heaven is on the way ! Until then lets get the truth out !