|Re: [Sawfish] clicks sometimes cause resize|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] clicks sometimes cause resize
- From: Janek Kozicki <janek_listy@xxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 16:49:49 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=wp.pl; s=1024a; t=1513180191; bh=4sVQNIt+0pZPgNO480ZRqzB6ZyKSAce8WQlwW/htvlw=; h=From:To:Subject; b=XM2w8fW3alwIoo0w9NHjpe3uPd1DHb8HaoFNcNYxI+PvSvs9mD92Q/za+KULzmngI FZnGqw7JQOAyK1bjkp9hcxBh8zIkcYMnln2qoQoWz1ZYO/w2hW9+z7PNjz2tlX3Vu5 P/h2nexc7vI6yQPMXQh8FulsmEVDcoy8dcmD20dg=
- Face: 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
I didn't check your patch yet. But just so that you know and I don't
forget: this problem also occurs with 'meld file1 file2'. Sometimes
when clicking somewhere inside window just to make it active.
I will try this patch later to see if it fixes firefox and meld too.
Christopher Roy Bratusek said: (by the date of Sat, 9 Dec 2017 19:35:02 +0100)
> Hi all,
> try the attached patch by GSR, I'm currently test-running it the issues
> seems to be (atleast) partially solved, still needs testing to ensure it
> does not cause new issues.
> Also you may try gtk3-nocsd, which disables Client Side Decoration sh**
> (available from official Debian repos, dunno about other distributions).
> On 09.12.2017 18:52, Per Hedeland wrote:
> > On 2017-12-09 06:54, Trevor Cordes wrote:
> >> This has been mentioned here before, recently. Sometimes clicking at
> >> random places in an app like firefox causes the cursor to switch to a
> >> cross and then moving the mouse resizes the window, without the button
> >> being held down. Obviously a bug.
> > FWIW, I also encounter this pretty frequently - never suspected sawfish
> > though (I must have missed the earlier mention).
> >> Anyhow, I recall no one could pin down exactly how to reliably
> >> reproduce it on demand. I just did:
> >> In FF57 open a couple of tabs. Click the empty area to the right of
> >> the tabs, to the right of the "+" sign. Then click one of the tab
> >> titles. This causes the "click turns into a resize drag" bug
> >> instantly, every time. At least for me on Fedora 26 anyhow.
> > Ditto here - for me it's enough to have a single tab. FF 56.0.2, FreeBSD
> > 11.1-RELEASE.
> > --Per
> >> Anyone have a fix yet?
Janek Kozicki http://janek.kozicki.pl/ |