|Re: [Sawfish] clicks sometimes cause resize|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] clicks sometimes cause resize
- From: Christopher Roy Bratusek <nano@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2017 19:35:02 +0100
- Cc: Trevor Cordes <trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Per Hedeland <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=jpberlin.de; h= content-type:content-type:in-reply-to:mime-version:user-agent :date:date:message-id:references:subject:subject:from:from :received:received; s=mail20140220; t=1512844504; bh=iQ2QJCM5jv/ NamkOyHGjcnNUw7+fYli7wHjjpZbKZec=; b=jqzQ8yLvJuxSngVi0Ghr748qQ43 DqXhfMBkg8IegIAB6LLxslWp5MX8AjtAIZqJzODQAsFTpHRGMdE6JB0s7/7qAW7A ILovhfQsGK/OkLy1SzGVEd6NkxGmKkj9UsnbinaTYL+w2P8V2Q3IN3kWxdJkIGql DkPJu/GcVkJaSEp7iESwutEF9yt7j6i41ZRnzl1AZ58cN/fJjaQbNvZ46SuTBAdb 9jIrEptucpUI2UuPfR/GINits87bdNANhl1ihDPedtL6x6e0H81mR+psP4p7WwqI /wfoNV/U4iUNL3F8Kl2c4BLsVMs/0AVjh0PNwLJPvbnbggMb05J7JiVUQBwFwGkk 9OfxmNHT2S7/I5pfBse6SU1pNXjAVaAXV7/nthwjFTTU/m1v4aiM5PFpcpYzW95a BkJaP6hGJGjdl0X4iQ+BwZku+aVMF+bK1kewqCyC1YycVa44Qeq/nVLYIH7XUOhE GzhOVW2DBLyOxKeIAfKkW4wcqeP88twlYRq5dH62X8434iJ+ch1OfbvMachrAjfo dtnvc/CRK3ebqC76KdQP+m6Ut8Cq01f2tMuWcPEv3Iw5bXxnSnryanhKAgO4iG+p mLQvKoZ12u4sZ8izzDOTWgV2rDLPbtj8dwX8a0WSJHKf6NMcBqbtPdBOSRdmjJAX NIthqiCQb2F3wt1k=
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
try the attached patch by GSR, I'm currently test-running it the issues
seems to be (atleast) partially solved, still needs testing to ensure it
does not cause new issues.
Also you may try gtk3-nocsd, which disables Client Side Decoration sh**
(available from official Debian repos, dunno about other distributions).
On 09.12.2017 18:52, Per Hedeland wrote:
> On 2017-12-09 06:54, Trevor Cordes wrote:
>> This has been mentioned here before, recently. Sometimes clicking at
>> random places in an app like firefox causes the cursor to switch to a
>> cross and then moving the mouse resizes the window, without the button
>> being held down. Obviously a bug.
> FWIW, I also encounter this pretty frequently - never suspected sawfish
> though (I must have missed the earlier mention).
>> Anyhow, I recall no one could pin down exactly how to reliably
>> reproduce it on demand. I just did:
>> In FF57 open a couple of tabs. Click the empty area to the right of
>> the tabs, to the right of the "+" sign. Then click one of the tab
>> titles. This causes the "click turns into a resize drag" bug
>> instantly, every time. At least for me on Fedora 26 anyhow.
> Ditto here - for me it's enough to have a single tab. FF 56.0.2, FreeBSD
>> Anyone have a fix yet?