Re: [Sawfish] [IMPORTANT] Looking for new maintainer

On 03/01/2013 05:26 PM, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> as you might have noticed I've been rather inactive here... There are several
> reasons why, but nothing you'd be interessted to know.
>
> So... I'm looking for giving the maintainership to someone else. No, I'm not
> going to leave Sawfish or whatever, but I doubt I will spend much time on
> development (except on holidays).

Sorry to hear that, nevertheless I hope everything works out for you.

> If you feel like overtaking Sawfish then don't feel shy, maybe tell the
> community what your plans are and so on. We will then decide who's going to be
> the new maintainer (in case there's more than one candidate).
>
> Of course new maintainer would have to register at Tuxfamily.org.

These are my thoughts on the subject of continuing the development of
sawfish,

1) Rather than having one person as maintainer, establish a team of
coordinators.

2) Perhaps it would be beneficial to move the git to github or bitbucket
(or even assembla
<http://offers.assembla.com/free-project-hosting/index.html> ) which
would be useful for

   a) Easing collabration and increasing awareness of sawfish
   b) Bugs (or issues) can be integrated to work flow

Togan