|Re: [Sawfish] Some issues is Sawfish|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: "sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] Some issues is Sawfish
- From: Richard <r_j_humphreys@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 11:53:23 +0000 (GMT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s1024; t=1362657203; bh=JZ4MdpFMQRp27pGKQhnctzMe2Voa7ddKyy3p5rpf5Yo=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=pef3AXngjlUYHe+RuhonU2Tz8aFqDnooWH77ccNpD8yL2HFJUN+q1TOJJe1pRxnJEEXJZt9qUgTI096a57weWR+D+b8+OYBtyut6CBIR2o1rNEJYWyI8FvD8PqY5CO+meO1unAg/6TAVt/aH4+FckTQDJS8cHd/fFU8//QGyvhM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.co.uk; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Rocket-MIMEInfo:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=NT6oY+x7F8cD1eHuXP2U0I1CDjAbYBd+7MPD+SEmnygGKVSYQLRcGmpO5BGU4pMuchUzzmPVKRIeYilzNtbEPUTvVa/gSbLfFvos9nKi9leKkBWqJYuShioU2vA1fhadRHUZxXFUDVM9DEv8GpYAXTBltvohmIJzs+YhtayRLLM=;
I also am grateful for all the hard work on sawfish. I regret that we may lose a maintainer, but that is not as huge a problem as many might think.
Just to be clear about this:
- No open-source project is truly dead, just that there may be long periods when there is no maintainer. Someone can come along at a later date and pick up a project that is unmaintained. The fact that Mr. Bratusek may be winding down does not mean that someone else might step in at some point.
- Even if it becomes unmaintained, that precludes FUTURE bug fixes and FUTURE enhancements. The software is in great shape today and will not suddenly 'break' in a few months time (barring major changes in the underlying architecture). I personally am not aware of any bugs which prevent me using it as I want to and when I try to do something and fail it always turns out to be my lack of knowledge rather than a shortcoming which would need enhancement.
From: Vladimir Kravets <vova.kravets@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, 7 March 2013, 11:04
Subject: [Sawfish] Some issues is Sawfish
I'm very sad that there are rumors that project is dead. But I found in it a lot of things which is needed to me and BIG THANKS for it to authors of Sawfish.
So about the issues:
1. Cannot move, close or something else do with window if keyboard locale is not English.
2. Cannot find any suggestion how to set opacity for matching window. Windows-alpha or Native-focus-transparency is good but it's set transparent for all windows (focus or unfocus)
I'm only need to set transparent for specific window another window should have default behavior.
3. I canot find how I can in my ~/.sawfishrc define some properties for specific window match.
I use now the gui to add WindowRule but some of cases I need to specify it in .sawfishrc to have more logic except only chnaging the properties of window.
4. How I can add hook to change workspace and e.g show notify using libnotify or exec notify-send?
5. How I can get access to post bugs on Flyspray?