Re: [Sawfish] Key-binding is broken.

On Sat, 03 Nov 2012 21:53:35 +0100
wrote Christopher Roy Bratusek <nano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>On Saturday 03 November 2012 20:50:03 Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
>> On Saturday 03 November 2012 09:34:57 Brett Viren wrote:
>> > The other odd thing is that as I move my mouse after clicking the
>> > "Grab..." button (and after the key strokes have failed to be
>> > noticed) then the "grab" is completed with the "Move" action.
>>
>> That is correct. Moving the mouse generates a 'Move'-event. I may
>> increase the px you have to move the mouse until that event is
>> generated.
>>
>> Besides I now remember...: what about commit
>> 595fe9556d55e075c37683fa5925bf955da18274
>>
>> In my test it worked well... Gonna test with clean config soon.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Chris
>
>Indeed! I reverted above commit. ... before I did that change I was
>like "eh, that can't work as you expect." - but after testing it
>DID. ... for an already existing user. But for a new user/user without
>previous SF stuff it does NOT.
>
>I wonder why. As far as I can see it should either always work or
>always fail.
>
>Either way - GIT is fine now and I'll investigate more to achieve what
>this commit was intented to.
>
>Regards,
>Chris

I works now if i press a keyboard key. I got also the correct key if i
press strg, alt or the win key and a keyboard key, but now after
your fix it in git, if i press a mouse button(s) nothing happens, also
if i press strg, alt or win and a mouse button(s) nothing happens.

And i found another (small) bug in keybindings. I you have a key with
name "XF86AudioMedia" you can't use in sawfish the key with "run a shell
comand". If i rename the key with:

xmodmap -e "keycode 133 = XF86Launch0 NoSymbol XF86Launch0"

it works.

--
Regards,
Fuchur

GPG Fingerprint: CA3B 8204 5B3E 6D48 6D53  C116 E5BC 70D5 B8D7 B2B0