[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] Bug report
- From: Allan Duncan <amd2345@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 11:43:18 +1100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=fastmail.com.au; h=message-id:date:from:mime-version:to:subject:references :in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; s=mesmtp; bh=TQG170BMJsEt2J5VDf3A7WYsTqA=; b=YUHYXGIwiXzu8JogYZL/W1EyRI82 i4gMFcmUevAVplhoByoSdgNt3tGMP7yC/2Oa8JtB3K7zUFpRTzO3K6rlhw4X6OR3 /vGrrgffFSUGQod/EPwFmafY6Q2A+AY3l6t1vWcVXOq2FjdY8DdrKZ0YSJEeomow rsJpY5vXXV5zZII=
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d= messagingengine.com; h=message-id:date:from:mime-version:to :subject:references:in-reply-to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; s=smtpout; bh=TQG170BMJsEt2J5VDf3A7W YsTqA=; b=U47dh78KOdnzuwMLMsvEuHQf35xgMU3tZSa9gN6ZJ2iVRkofyhDZCj eCAYZbqjZ0W6NFqjHS4k9FlPXJXP1Bv2wFHWArjBvRFqGlPcgajTzWLYIjkseA2G i8mOc2HK36Dk0hFOWumFV/KfiTg5/ABlElDQ8An79rr5viaEPukRI=
On 24/11/12 09:00, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 10:06:23PM +1100, Allan Duncan wrote:
On 20/11/12 02:42, Victor Porton wrote:
I use Linux with Gnome 3.
You are able to use sawfish with Gnome 3? Please tell me how you
There is not that much to this and there were various suggestions,
including mine, shown on this list. The following works consistently
for me also with the current "rawhide" for Fedora.
In /usr/share/xsessions/ I have a file 'gnome-sawfish.desktop' with
the following content:
Name=Gnome with Sawfish
where /usr/local/bin/gnome-sawfish-start is this script:
( sleep 2 ; sawfish --replace ) &
exec /usr/bin/gnome-session --session=gnome-fallback
With such settings you will get your sawfish session to be picked up in
a gdm sessions list (and you may make it into a default if you wish).
This is not the only way to do it.
Early in Gnome 3's history there didn't seem to be a way of replacing
the WM, and I haven't been paying much attention to the list since
(there's 550 unread messages in my sawfish inbox). I had looked at
XFCE, but haven't delved into shoe-horning sawfish into that.
I run Fedora, and with F18 due early next year I'll spend some effort
then to get it all working to _my_ liking.
What is all this attempting to make the desktop an oversized tablet,
with a productivity drop to match? Bah humbug.