Re: [Sawfish] Bug report

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 10:06:23PM +1100, Allan Duncan wrote:
> On 20/11/12 02:42, Victor Porton wrote:
> >
> >I use Linux with Gnome 3.
> >

> You are able to use sawfish with Gnome 3?  Please tell me how you
> configure that.

There is not that much to this and there were various suggestions,
including mine, shown on this list.  The following works consistently
for me also with the current "rawhide" for Fedora.

In /usr/share/xsessions/ I have a file 'gnome-sawfish.desktop' with
the following content:

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=Gnome with Sawfish
Icon=
Type=XSession
Exec=/usr/local/bin/gnome-sawfish-start

where /usr/local/bin/gnome-sawfish-start is this script:

#!/bin/bash
( sleep 2 ; sawfish --replace ) &
exec /usr/bin/gnome-session --session=gnome-fallback

With such settings you will get your sawfish session to be picked up in
a gdm sessions list (and you may make it into a default if you wish).

This is not the only way to do it.

  Michal