Re: [Sawfish] plain sawfish as a window manager

Snow Bender <snowbender@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to use sawfish on its own as a window manager, thus not as a
> window manager inside xfce or gnome.
> In that regard, I saw that there is a project sawfish-pager, but I
> can't figure out how to use it?
>
> Aside from that, is there also a system tray included? Is it possible
> to create something that looks like the status bar in awesome wm? How
> do most people use sawfish? Using it inside another desktop
> environment, or assembling their own desktop using third-party
> components like a panel, a system tray, or e.g. conky?

I recently switched to Sawfish from FVWM after recently switching from
Vim to Emacs. :) I use conky for system stats and cairo-compmpr for
compositing and cairo-dock for the task bar, system tray and pager. Oh,
and colortail for viewing system logs in a transparent Eterm. It looks
nice and has transparency but it is a little buggy sometimes.

--
Ben Kibbey