|Re: [Sawfish] plain sawfish as a window manager|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] plain sawfish as a window manager
- From: Ben Kibbey <bjk@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 08:14:42 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=luxsci.net; h=from:to:subject:references:date:in-reply-to:content-type:message-id:mime-version; s=p1; bh=OJwdNQyNCLIKFBD0hm1bFjnPmQenZCTwFccTOBtRW2k=; b=aFMFHiJTDqayQDQoNlZ2Z0Ef6LIoUMaEjqcqiomyR9TIjew7s4WvH/Mjrr/l7eSljxe9LLpUPgFLiPPpbTHfjZXYby5TRIIBWiW95oC6ew/9nomM0nh1Fm/SrH6gSU4Nd0F99MrCFzp3ZuQGOOe2nKy5rLDYX1AFggFD8ubASaM=
Snow Bender <snowbender@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 12:00 AM, Ben Kibbey <bjk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Snow Bender <snowbender@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>> Aside from that, is there also a system tray included? Is it possible
>>> to create something that looks like the status bar in awesome wm? How
>>> do most people use sawfish? Using it inside another desktop
>>> environment, or assembling their own desktop using third-party
>>> components like a panel, a system tray, or e.g. conky?
>> I recently switched to Sawfish from FVWM after recently switching from
>> Vim to Emacs. :) I use conky for system stats and cairo-compmpr for
>> compositing and cairo-dock for the task bar, system tray and pager. Oh,
>> and colortail for viewing system logs in a transparent Eterm. It looks
>> nice and has transparency but it is a little buggy sometimes.
> I'm a long time Emacs user but never really created any advanced emacs-lisp.
> Good ideas, I will check those programs. Maybe I am mistaken, but
> isn't Eterm using fake transparency? Or has it been updated/rewritten
> in the mean time? Since you use cairo-compmgr for composite anyways,
> can't you make any window transparent?
Yes, true. Kind of redundant. Sorry for the confusion. Although,
cairo-dock can emulate transparency so cairo-compmgr isn't needed, Eterm
fake transparency may be useful.