|Re: [Sawfish] lack of contributors|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] lack of contributors
- From: Darth Emacs <darthemacs@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 01:56:10 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=//GlGnMT7wUDTt4hOs86o/L902HGfzIEUGF3+XZkVPg=; b=zsCJZRFqcQx703MbDr/xoRNgYjDNIgvJv//JSzgF042XE3diCigQR43IEOUJ35KIBf EkMcGFHFsIwgbdlcNBqdrgLPHco7xrk6t+wdSC+9D8IhdgE/zVyYmrnncEJNrhXOGIa6 mMpqpOKWLRndcWhPfUvQOWfdMNlSfXhyozRzTbsMH+uuCvpu/af7WguT0v1/TA3+RmeK RI8alQ3O2abyr9JFLoz/GeqL6aBPwg3USgma3FUk4Slnsk+XemK+muxhl84KlwkYLvt8 qe50S+/XM/OhBEk+JcStU2wlYqJbNylROtA0RSrFdfVmEgm2/Muo6yBNxAkdh0yOnrtD MNeQ==
Well, if I remember correctly it was seven or eight years ago and fakeroot was acting really buggy. The only way I could get it to work was running it as root. Rather than watching the bug reports to see when the maintainers fix the buggy actions of fakeroot, I just got in the habit of running it as root. It is like when I am running command line as su and want to return to normal user. I don't use 'exit', I use 'su' and the user name I want to switch into. It is also possible I do it that way because I am not Dutch.
Although there are many times when I wish I were Dutch. lol.
PS: Why do you run dpkg-buildpackage as root despite fakeroot simulates