Re: [Sawfish] lack of contributors

Well, if I remember correctly it was seven or eight years ago and fakeroot was acting really buggy. The only way I could get it to work was running it as root. Rather than watching the bug reports to see when the maintainers fix the buggy actions of fakeroot, I just got in the habit of running it as root. It is like when I am running command line as su and want to return to normal user. I don't use 'exit', I use 'su' and the user name I want to switch into. It is also possible I do it that way because I am not Dutch.

 http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0020/

Although there are many times when I wish I were Dutch. lol.

PS: Why do you run dpkg-buildpackage as root despite fakeroot simulates
root privileges?

Regards,

POMPEE William

--
 Darth Emacs

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.