Re: [Sawfish] lack of contributors

Hello all,

Heow Goodman schrieb am Freitag, den 04.05.2012 um 13:46:
> The lack of up-to-date DEB's doesn't help, and unfortunately it's not
> working on the latest Ubuntu 12.04.
> Because I need to get work done, I'm just installing LinuxMint.  But
> getting it on the latest Ubuntu, as well as some more up-to-date DEBS
> would be a big win.
>
> I'm willing to help with the effort too.

I was (and partly still I am) in a very comparable situation.

Those curious might want to have look at the photo I
uploaded to the sawfish wiki today here:
  http://sawfish.wikia.com/wiki/File:GroessenVergleich_mit_ipad_und_iphone.jpg
The MultiHD monitor desk shown there is currently displayed in
our company booth at the fair DRUPA 2012 in Düsseldorf, Germany.

Only a few days before start of the fair I decided to compile
sawfish (1.8.92), rep-gtk (0.90.8) and librep (0.92.2) and put
it onto a fresh Linux Mint 12 install.  Since I was in a hurry
and had not much experience with Debian package building I decided
to do a simple installation into /usr/local .

Regards, Peter.
--
Peter Funk, home: ✉Oldenburger Str.86, D-27777 Ganderkesee
mobile:+49-179-640-8878 phone:+49-421-20419-0 <http://www.artcom-gmbh.de/>