|Re: [Sawfish] creating deb packages from git source|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] creating deb packages from git source
- From: Darth Emacs <darthemacs@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 20:59:29 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=oWtHWFiX4iLLIL0Xg+TY9exM9w9iA973D9z92/Dm2cM=; b=cGG/Iw781pnxDAW8t8br9aIqflqrzxQUgeTG65rZsXyR76R8aCO/KA1vcSXAMlQR80 P6WX4qlSIYp0M0VRqvVUGLJwejJBz8w9nw8o2ePF/wODQrS1eiF0nfQ0qnx/hzeEmx+x XbIJD4JemaSRtPPkVwTad6bJrj6GAehg23iSM=
Thanks Chris and Brett, you guys were correct and I was over complicating a simple procedure. Brett, I'll check into fabfile.py when I get a chance. It looks interesting.
Thanks again guys
On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 4:37 PM, Brett Viren <brett.viren@xxxxxxxxx>
Why do you through away the debian/ directory?
On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Darth Emacs <darthemacs@xxxxxxxxx
> Hi folks,
> I'm building deb packages from the git source and am running into some
> problems. I start by 'debianizing' librep. First I rename the directory from
> librep to librep-0.92.1b+git20111224 and open the directory and throw the
> debian directory in the trash.
I recently (re)built Debian packages for sawfish and friends using the
provided debian/ directory and:
You can see the README there for the few problems I encountered. They
were rather simple to overcome.