Re: [Sawfish] creating deb packages from git source

Thanks Chris and Brett, you guys were correct and I was over complicating a simple procedure. Brett, I'll check into fabfile.py when I get a chance. It looks interesting.

Thanks again guys

On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 4:37 PM, Brett Viren <brett.viren@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 3:29 PM, Darth Emacs <darthemacs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm building deb packages from the git source and am running into some
> problems. I start by 'debianizing' librep. First I rename the directory from
> librep to librep-0.92.1b+git20111224 and open the directory and throw the
> debian directory in the trash.

Why do you through away the debian/ directory?

I recently (re)built Debian packages for sawfish and friends using the
provided debian/ directory and:

 https://github.com/brettviren/sawfish-build

You can see the README there for the few problems I encountered.  They
were rather simple to overcome.

-Brett.

---

 Darth Emacs

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.