|Re: [Sawfish] rep-gtk and gtk+|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] rep-gtk and gtk+
- From: "Eric P. Mangold" <teratorn@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 11:26:17 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=zvUwFbQtpQP0nGQ1s8itIiEfZ8GZjw3JkxkgXblPDQw=; b=M8pYob+57QdTm2vjbV/kTvL8gbdrUPR/BqNffHhJqKbXVOPpXcVESzWQmFwK63dinc 2k87AkQ1trk/nmGEmZn8QEdd43385WS/eNxzXwmcIajTFbD1vBeLaKDbHqOFnSq8fT0R P7DTtxsXOwu8JShSycLPPy2dVKO8f+N3ohpfo=
On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 00:33, Christopher Roy Bratusek
> On Friday 01 July 2011 23:52:13 Stefano Sabatini wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I'm trying to install rep-gtk from sources, and I see that I need gtk+
>> >= 2.24. On Debian stable gtk+ is at version 2.20, so I need to
>> install that from sources as well.
>> Can you say which are the gtk+ requirements in terms of dependencies?
>> Am I going to bust my system in case I'll install it (thus overriding
>> the system libgtk+)?
There isn't any need (and you shouldn't) replace your system GTK
libraries. It's perfectly fine to install GTK, etc and sawfish to your
I have a generic script for doing this, which you may use:
Use that script instead of the 'configure' command for gtk etc, and
for rep/rep-gtk/sawfish and it should pick up and use the alternate
gtk libs instead of the system ones...
> I'd rather suggest you reading
> than installing gtk+ manually. And >= 2.24 is not a synthetic dependency, it
> really needs atleast 2.24.0
>> Which is the alternative in case I would prefer to rely on the Debian
>> gtk+ (e.g. can I compile an old branch of rep-gtk and still get the
>> rest of the updated sawfish properly working)?
> Sawfish 1.8.x and rep-gtk << 0.90.7 will work with GTK+ 2.12,
> Sawfish 1.9x (>= 1.8.90) and rep-gtk >= 0.90.7 need 2.24.
>> Many thanks in advance, best regards.
> Sawfish ML