[Sawfish] rep-gtk and gtk+

Hi all,

I'm trying to install rep-gtk from sources, and I see that I need gtk+
>= 2.24. On Debian stable gtk+ is at version 2.20, so I need to
install that from sources as well.

Can you say which are the gtk+ requirements in terms of dependencies?
Am I going to bust my system in case I'll install it (thus overriding
the system libgtk+)?

Which is the alternative in case I would prefer to rely on the Debian
gtk+ (e.g. can I compile an old branch of rep-gtk and still get the
rest of the updated sawfish properly working)?

Many thanks in advance, best regards.

---