|Re: [Sawfish] Updated list of themes|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/sawfish Archives
- To: sawfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Sawfish] Updated list of themes
- From: "Eric P. Mangold" <teratorn@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 00:59:01 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=2r5yk0K8rsEuDBy04pEYcy6J0iym6OZZN95woqCy7MY=; b=QldPtKDd5pt5o6zQGuYkooGNIaNc2BHdi/Cn2GJn8CwQdLtYNucU4J6GEkfBwHhtJh NevmGogkDC6SSSOQzRZfUoznpd4QqpLNiY7QU1MRG/kXo7LEhURNX4jKG9RGCDxzcl+2 tOzJa3ldoyyPWpzpMypYb403KZPBYwFZhuapM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=p6VDjO4r3w8pj2plt5Fx+X88hBFliByrrzhn61HyrV/tfbqoKHq1bhVa7Hx98oFzH8 Xn3nxUw17Qcb/Jj/aHXyK3l9vLdIEKhL3TENk511TwOBUnvJJ2g9JrO3fIRNGPxt0bmE AMhBekdcRFFc+Qq/ED0JjZBSVLrjIqY+T0QRw=
On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 00:22, Christopher Roy Bratusek
> Am 14.06.2011 06:06, schrieb Eric P. Mangold:
>> Sounds mostly good...
>> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 14:44, Christopher Roy Bratusek
>> <nano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> At the end... the list of themes shipped with Sawfish:
>>> StyleTab [default]
>> When did Crux lose the default position? To my mind, a sawfish without
>> a Crux default ain't no sawfish at all...
> StyleTab became default in 1.8.0RC. No one complained (neither at the
> proposal in Oct 10).
Guess I missed that.
I just tried StyleTab, and I'll just be honest - it's hideous. I can't
imagine black going well with any default desktop themes out there. I
don't see anywhere to configure the colors, but guess that is normal.
Plus there are just a mess of buttons taking the the majority of the
horizontal titlebar space of a full-screen window on my netbook.
And I have no clue what most of these buttons do, and since there are
not tooltips (a sawfish limitation? or?), I may never know what some
of them are supposed to do.
I guess having a tab-capable theme is a good default.
Not sure how useful this rant is... or what, if any, actionable items
I would suggest...
Leaving tab support aside, who prefers the aesthetic appeal of
StyleTab over Crux?