Re: [Sawfish] Updated list of themes

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 00:22, Christopher Roy Bratusek
<nano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am 14.06.2011 06:06, schrieb Eric P. Mangold:
>>
>> Sounds mostly good...
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 14:44, Christopher Roy Bratusek
>> <nano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>>>
>>> [...]
>>> At the end... the list of themes shipped with Sawfish:
>>>
>>> absolute-e
>>> candido
>>> Crux
>>> Elberg-tabbed
>>> microGUI
>>> mxflat
>>> StyleTab [default]
>>> Zami-like
>>> (gradient-tabbed)
>>
>> When did Crux lose the default position? To my mind, a sawfish without
>> a Crux default ain't no sawfish at all...
>
> StyleTab became default in 1.8.0RC. No one complained (neither at the
> proposal in Oct 10).

Guess I missed that.

I just tried StyleTab, and I'll just be honest - it's hideous. I can't
imagine black going well with any default desktop themes out there. I
don't see anywhere to configure the colors, but guess that is normal.

Plus there are just a mess of buttons taking the the majority of the
horizontal titlebar space of a full-screen window on my netbook.

And I have no clue what most of these buttons do, and since there are
not tooltips (a sawfish limitation? or?), I may never know what some
of them are supposed to do.

I guess having a tab-capable theme is a good default.

Not sure how useful this rant is... or what, if any, actionable items
I would suggest...

Leaving tab support aside, who prefers the aesthetic appeal of
StyleTab over Crux?

Suggestions?

-E

---