Re: [qet] Re: QElectroTech

Hello Peter,

Le lundi 14 juin 2010 11:41:20 Peter Handrick, vous avez écrit :
> Hello Xavier,
> [snip]
>
> Yes, I would like to do. As far as you agree!! For sure I have seen now,
> another german colleague is bind in translation already.
> Hopefully we do not do the same job parallel. It is much better to
> combine our ressources.
> Of course I will start to write a user-manual.  I will use your program
> in near future for training purposes due to I have to add a user manual
> to anyway. The only problem for the community, perhaps, could be the
> fact I am most of the year living on a container-vessel without
> Internet-access.
> Because I am working there as an electrician / trainer for electrician I
> am quite often away of home for 5 months and more.
Wow, that's quite a long time :-|

> > > How ist it possible to build up new stencils?
> >
> > I am not sure to understand your question: could you explain what you
> > would like to do?
>
> The structure of the program is quite clear, but sometimes the user will
> have the need to build up new symbols he (or she) will have to use
> within new diagrams.
> In case of the user needs to know which way he (or she) have to go to
> create this new symbols.
> As more easy this seems to be as more acceptance the project will get by
> the community.
Would it be possible that you missed the button "New element" at the top of
the elements panel?

> Perhaps the possibilty is given to mark symbols as main reference and
> other ones as belonging to this specific main reference.
We actually have a system of pseudo-URLs :
  * custom://path/to/an/element.elmt is an element belonging to the user's
collection
  * common://path/to/an/element.elmt is an element belonging to the common
collection, i.e. the one provided by the QElectroTech upstream team and
potentially (heavily) modified by the team who deploys the application.
  * project4+embed://path/to/an/element.elmt is an element belonging to the
embedded collection of the 4th opened project in the application. By
default, elements are embedded in project files.

> This for sure could give furthermore the ability to create reference
> lists as like as contact-trees which shows at which places the contacts
> of a specific relay are to find within the diagram.
I see what you mean; this feature has been asked but is not implemented yet.

> In case of this do exist already, the user have to know the way to use
> this specific function since he (or she) creates the symbols.
Well, if by chance you really missed the whole "editor to make your own
elements" feature, then it means that we *really* need a complete user
Manual.
> I hope this explaination is not much to complicated. ;=)
Actually, the term `stencil' for `element/symbol' was quite confusing.

Oh, you mean, like: http://qelectrotech.org/showcategory.php ? :)

> Perhaps you can let me have your english version of the docs. I would
> like to with this as a guideline.
Well, working with the application in English (LANG=en_US qelectrotech)
should be more reliable than just a bunch of translated strings :)

> Perfect. Of course I will have the need for the docs in three languages:
> English, German and Polish.
> English and German is not really a problem for me although it will take
> time to produce the docs.
If you want, our translation team already has a Polish translator (Pawel)
who could help you; however, that would imply that 1) your work is finished,
2) Pawel is available to translate it and 3) you are connected to the
Internet to get it.

> Due to I would really appreciate tolern to
> know which part of the docs i can add to the ones you already do have.
As already stated: a complete User Manual, going from the basics to the more
complicated stuff, for the currently-being-developed 0.3 version.
I don't think we need an Administrator Manual yet (installation and tweaking
are not hard).

By the way, could you join our IRC channel (irc.tuxfamily.org:6667/#qet) at
evening so that we talk about it?

Regards,
--
Xavier G.