Re: [proaudio] /usr/local/portage vs /usr/portage/local

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 9:55 AM, Thomas Kuther <gimpel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Di, 09.12.08 07:16 "Mark Knecht" <markknecht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Exactly my point. Can the wiki be fixed? I see that apparently I can
>> edit it myself but I hate to change other people's work without their
>> permission.
>>
>> - Mark
>>

> The default path is /usr/local/portage/layman
> Just take a look at the layman ebuild in pkg_postinst()
> or /etc/layman/layman.cfg after a fresh layman install.
>
> From layman-1.2.1:
> -----8<-----
>  * If this is the very first overlay you add with layman,
>  * you need to append the following statement to your
>  * /etc/make.conf file:
>  *
>  * source /usr/local/portage/layman/make.conf
>  *
>  * If you modify the 'storage' parameter in the layman
>  * configuration file (/etc/layman/layman.cfg) you will
>  * need to adapt the path given above to the new storage
>  * directory.
> ----->8-----
>
> So the wiki is correct.
> But anyways, if it were wrong, you could have fixed it yourself, it's a
> wiki afterall :)

Well, in that case (if the wiki is right) then the instructions result
in a new machine not working. I had to change the path in the echo
command to make portage happy. I did not modify the path in
/etc/layman/layman.cfg.

Probably someone other than me should try this from scratch on a
machine that's never had layman on it to double check. I think there's
still a problem here somewhere.

- Mark