Re: [proaudio] /usr/local/portage vs /usr/portage/local

correct path for layman file tree is

/usr/portage/local/layman/

probably a mistake in the wiki...

cheers !

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 3:47 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On a new machine I'm using this page:

http://proaudio.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.php?title=Usage

which says to include this:

echo "source /usr/local/portage/layman/make.conf" >> /etc/make.conf

but when I actually run layman -s proaudio I see things like this:

/usr/portage/local/layman/pro-audio/prepare_tree

Please note the first says /usr/local/portage while the second says
/usr/portage/local

Is this correct?

When I try to run eix-sync it fails for this reason I think:

dragonfly ~ # eix-sync
 * Running emerge --sync
[Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/usr/local/portage/layman/make.conf' in /etc/make.conf
 * emerge --sync failed
 * Time statistics:
    0 seconds total
dragonfly ~ #

It seems one of these should possibly be changed?

Thanks,
Mark