Re: [proaudio] More overlay problems

Le Mon, 6 Oct 2008 17:54:11 +0200,
Thomas Kuther <gimpel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Hi Mark,
>
> On So, 05.10.08 11:05 "Mark Knecht" <markknecht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > * Running command "/usr/bin/svn update
> > "/usr/portage/local/layman/pro-audio""... svn: warning: cannot set
> > LC_CTYPE locale svn: warning: environment variable LC_ALL is en_US
> > svn: warning: please check that your locale name is correct
>
> run 'locale -a' to see what locales are supported on your system.
> See the Gentoo localization guide on how to set things up correctly.
>
> Maybe it's just missing an encoding suffix, like
> -----
> └» echo $LC_ALL $LC_CTYPE
> de_DE.UTF-8 de_DE.UTF-8
> -----

Hi,

My native language is french, but I like to have emerge in english, so that in
case of trouble, I doesn't have to translate everything before posting. For
that, I use the following locales in a full utf-8 system:

for root (and portage), file /etc/env.d/02locale :

LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8"
LANG="en_US.UTF-8"

in my hone, ~/.bashrc :

export LC_ALL="fr_CH.UTF-8"
export LANG="fr_CH.UTF-8"

I also always do an "su -" before doing stuff as root in order to get the real
root environment, and not a mix as with "su".

Ciao,
Dominique