Re: [proaudio] More overlay problems

Hi Mark,

On So, 05.10.08 11:05 "Mark Knecht" <markknecht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry but my results lately have been pretty bad. Here is the latest
> this morning.
>
> Possibly svn.tuxfamily.org is just down so I'll try again later but
> why all the rostov messages and this continued locale stuff?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark
>
> lightning ~ # !lay
> layman -s pro-audio
> * Overlay "rostov" is missing a "description" entry!
> * Overlay "rostov" is missing a "description" entry!
> * Overlay "rostov" is missing a "description" entry!
> * Overlay "rostov" is missing a "description" entry!

That's from rostov overlay in the global layman list file. It obviously
misses a description.

Doesn't happen here, so maybe run 'layman -f'

> * Running command "/usr/bin/svn update
> "/usr/portage/local/layman/pro-audio""... svn: warning: cannot set
> LC_CTYPE locale svn: warning: environment variable LC_ALL is en_US
> svn: warning: please check that your locale name is correct

run 'locale -a' to see what locales are supported on your system.
See the Gentoo localization guide on how to set things up correctly.

Maybe it's just missing an encoding suffix, like
-----
└» echo $LC_ALL $LC_CTYPE
de_DE.UTF-8 de_DE.UTF-8
-----

> svn: Can't connect to host 'svn.tuxfamily.org': No route to host

svn.tuxfamily.org is fine here. Maybe check again, and if the problem
persists, check if your provider's DNS is working correctly.
(You could use one from opendns.org to verify this)

HTH,
Tom