Re: [proaudio] Setting up realtime

Finally had time to sit down and compile this thing and restart.
/proc/timer_list seems a little weird, but then I'm not totally sure
what it's supposed to look like. For each CPU I get two different
clocks at the top, and I'm not 100% on how to interpret it:

cpu: 0
 clock 0:
  .index:      0
  .resolution: 1 nsecs
  .get_time:   ktime_get_real
  .offset:     1213407705376864661 nsecs
active timers:
 clock 1:
  .index:      1
  .resolution: 1 nsecs
  .get_time:   ktime_get
  .offset:     0 nsecs

In addition I seem to have 5 tick devices, the last 4 of which seems
set up good with the hrtimer_interrupt event handler, but the first
one looks totally different:

Tick Device: mode:     1
Clock Event Device: pit
 max_delta_ns:   27461866
 min_delta_ns:   12571
 mult:           5124677
 shift:          32
 mode:           3
 next_event:     9223372036854775807 nsecs
 set_next_event: pit_next_event
 set_mode:       init_pit_timer
 event_handler:  tick_handle_oneshot_broadcast
tick_broadcast_mask: 00000000
tick_broadcast_oneshot_mask: 00000000

So, anyone tried the cyclictest tool? This is where I get really
confused, since it is supposed to give me an average of how much
latency there is in the system, but the results I get are negative
numbers!

# ./cyclictest -n -p 80 -i 500 -l 5000
0.08 0.63 0.70 1/193 11347

T: 0 (11347) P:80 I:500 C:   5000 Min:   -696 Act: -668 Avg: -681 Max:    -666

All this has been like this since before the recompile though, so all
this might not matter. Off to test it now!