Re: [proaudio] mda vst plugins go open source...

> When will we see VST plugins on 64-bit?
>
> I'm aware of the dssi-vst package, but I have absolutely no idea how
> good it works, or if it even does what I think it does. Sure would be
> nice to have all those vst plugins available...

dssi-vst never worked very well for me, at least in the VSTs I have
tried. I have had problems with MIDI messages when using big plugins
and/or a lot of channels, for example when using Garritan Personal
Orchestra, or a couple of instances DSKs plugins, when some of the NOTE
OFF messages doesn't seem to be send, so some notes are always playing.
Besides the inerface sucks a bit. Not because is CLI, but because is
nearly impossible to launch various instances of the same plugins, or
to change the channels of something.

wineasio, in this overlay, works a lot better. To use it in amd64 you
must use a command, jackbridge, to create jack ports, configure some
stuff (read the docs and search the internet) and then you can use
windows apps via wine with sound and pretty good latency. REAPER [1] is
a shareware sequencer with VST support which is made to work under
linux using wine, and it works great as VST host.

Any other option I have tried doesn't work very well, at least with big
VSTs like GPO.

[1] http://www.cockos.com/reaper/