[proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Hello all! General linux daw question. Problems with x and h/drive events creating interference..

I'll let you in on a little secret I discovered 3 -4 years ago with my C-Ports
that made an insane amount of difference to the noise floor.

This only works on balanced input BTW !

If you "pull-down" the balance amp @ the  desk, you get digital chatter from
the DAC. If you "pull-down" the balance amp @ the source you don't. SImple.
One way noise.. other way none....fact. So, if you are going thru a mixer
input which is balanced and your pc card insn't.. this could be your problem.

You simply have a TRS fitting into your desk with all three pins connected
normally and at your sound card you have TS with the "cold" and shield
shorted out.

hth

g.