[proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Re: [proaudio] Hello all! General linux daw question. Problems with x and h/drive events creating interference..

On 1/26/07, Paul Winkler <pw_lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 10:50:21AM +0100, Dominique Michel wrote:
> I don't know the matrox driver,
> but is it possible to completely disable the 3D hardware
> acceleration with it?

Sure.  In your xorg.conf:

  Option "NoAccel" "true"

Most (all?) drivers accept that option.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com

Thanks guys, heaps. I tried the NoAccel option and even though it made using the computer almost unbearable to use it didn't help much with the noise. In fact I've bought matrox cards because they were reputed to be the best to use with Linux and Daws. I've been using this same board and card setup in the past for years and hadn't noticed the noise. What is strange is that I cannot hear the noise in my headphones (using a separate headphone amp and the same delta sound card) at all!! Absolutely quiet. So, I am hoping it must be an issue with this amp and setup.
I might make a cover for the sound card (used to modding stuff) and try and figure out how to get the drives and graphics card on their own irqs.
However, none of that will explain why there is no sound coming from the headphone amp.
I will keep experimenting, and thanks again for all your help.
Best, Nicholas