Re: [proaudio] 2.6.17-rt8 kernel does not boot

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 08:47:37PM +0200, Mark Tombs wrote:
> Right, tried disabling various things. As NET was the last message, turned
> off all networking support.  Still no luck. Then turned off PCI support.
> Still no luck.  Tried using 2.6.16-rt29. Same thing.  At a loss.

I don't have much to offer, *except* that I've had that kernel combination
working on a Latitude D600.  So theres some option missing (or present)
that must be getting in the way.
One thing to consider is that sometimes opotions are added to the kernels
that are pretty much necesarry.  Maybe you said "N" to one of those ?

Sorry, I'm not more help, I'm not running that kernel combo anymore, and
this machine recently was recently resurrected from a mobo/hd failure
so ..., but I just want to let you know that theres nothing fundamentally
stopping it from working.

--
paul w