Re: [proaudio] ebuild TODO-list

Le Sun, 30 Jul 2006 19:04:57 +0200,
Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> Le Sun, 30 Jul 2006 18:38:39 +0200,
> Frieder Bürzele <evermind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>
> > Dominique Michel wrote:

> > > The good news are at I have a working ebuild, the program work and my system don't crash.
> > >
> > > The bad news is at it doesn't work with the symlinks but must be started from the directory where ALL the files are.
> > >
> > > So, the question is where to install it, because both the program and the monitor must be started as root.
> > > /usr/sbin is definitly not the right place because of all the object and configurations files. So maybe /usr/lib/rt-exec.
> > >
> > > Dominique
> > >

> > I can write a wrapper script which solve this,
> > Which binaries are the needed executables?
> >
> > Greetz
> >     Frieder
> >
> Hiya,
>
> The exe files are: crunchsys, exec, go, killtasks, mon, start and stop_exec.
> Another problem is some of their names...
>
> When I run "/usr/sbin/start &" as explained in the readme, I only get an error message as what exec don't find sched. sched is the default config file.
>
> If I done a "cd /sr/lib/rt-exec", "start &" is just working fine.
It is "cd /usr/lib/rt-exec"
When I don't change to /usr/lib/rt-exec but run "/usr/lib/rt-exec/start &", the program fail to run with the same error as with the sysmlink.
I try a simple script "rt-exec" in /usr/sbin:

#!/bin/bash
cd /usr/lib/rt-exec
./start &

and it just work. start can take some parameters and options, so it will be needed to add those possibilities in the script.

I think at the only needed symlinks are in fact for stop_exec and crunchsys. The other commands are not mandatory,

Dominique