Re: [proaudio] ebuild TODO-list

Dominique Michel wrote:
Le Sat, 29 Jul 2006 19:27:55 +0200,
Frieder Bürzele <evermind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Dominique Michel wrote:
Le Sat, 29 Jul 2006 18:16:48 +0200,
Frieder Bürzele <evermind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Dominique Michel wrote:
Le Sat, 29 Jul 2006 14:55:50 +0200,
Frieder Bürzele <evermind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

-rt-exec ftp://ftp.compro.net/public/rt-exec/README
 > It can be downloaded from
 > ftp://ftp.compro.net/public/rt-exec/rt-exec-1.0.0.tar.bz2
 > # This software is intended to test the deterministic/real-time
 > # capabilities of your computer.

I can take this one. I just downloaded it and compiled it.
The only problem I see for an ebuild is at it is no install script in the Makefile.
The README say at the program will just run where it have been compiled, and at it must be run as root.
So, I am not sure where to copy the files. I am thinking about /usr/share/rt-exec and making symlinks in /usr/sbin to the executables. But I must first test if it work.

Best,
Dominique
why don't you install it directly to /usr/sbin ?
It is *.o library files in .../rt-exec, and configurations files too. I thing at it will be better to use symlinks if the program work that way, so we only have executables and symlinks in /usr/sbin. I have allready symlinks in /usr/sbin, but no configuration files or library files.

Dominique

ok, but the location should be /usr/lib/rt_exec I think.
sure that *.o is needed -- it looks like an object files

    Frieder

The good news are at I have a working ebuild, the program work and my system don't crash.

The bad news is at it doesn't work with the symlinks but must be started from the directory where ALL the files are.

So, the question is where to install it, because both the program and the monitor must be started as root. /usr/sbin is definitly not the right place because of all the object and configurations files. So maybe /usr/lib/rt-exec.

Dominique

I can write a wrapper script which solve this,
Which binaries are the needed executables?

Greetz
   Frieder