Re: [proaudio] [patch] fst-1.8-r2 start without lash server running

Thomas Kuther wrote:
On Tue, 30 May 2006 14:16:16 +0200
Frieder Bürzele <evermind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thomas Kuther wrote:
On Sat, 27 May 2006 14:40:29 +0200
Frieder Bürzele <evermind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I've done a quick and dirty patch for fst.
So now you can launch fst without the need for running the lash
server. If you think the patch is bad feel free to provide a better
one, as my C knowledge is near to zero.

Warning: this patch needs testing, if you test this please confirm
if it works.
To test this:
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~x86 emerge =fst-1.8-r2

    Frieder
Seems to work, but I didn't do any hard tests yet.

Showed the mail to Torben, and he is going to include that in 1.8.1,
I've also already send him an email :)
which should be out as soon he found a nice solution for the problem
that when multiple VSTs are lashed in one project, one has to start
"wineserver -p" to restore them all, otherwhise lash pics one
randomly.
hm could this be solved within the loader script?

Hmm, no idea.. if i got him right on IRC he's looking for a way to get
rid of the need to start wineserver at all before restoring..
k, thx for the info

   Frieder