|Re: [pok-devel] ARINC-653 intrapartition communication compatibility|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/pok-devel Archives
- To: pok-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [pok-devel] ARINC-653 intrapartition communication compatibility
- From: Hugues Jérôme <hugues.jerome@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 15:07:57 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=content-type:mime-version:subject:from:in-reply-to:date :content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to; bh=occ2qISfLP53m7Om8RXodayZfQAYSvgpVMwvREMYUrg=; b=WOU+ejcWh+KAk3GaMMtT54D1bBgr0J+e9AFpWAu/5wjw/DtWD6WSM5tGM4sQnqlRoV gWBEbdKpF1GAZwqEd7b9Ejo5IEFiFOnrD3rU9wuRXTSygen36GWd2jA/Yt0HXj83gY9m aLPoURrJ41hEz5qooudOvc7VZ4fLS0NQdrQVaghxXE+ps8hiKdCvvq2694z0gMDBDMdT Em1lTOByXIyJ6Yo+Ko4fIgkqbj2ylnJMnOqAxuBVninZwR8YK83nz9ZEBC544D6eQgGs 1Ao18oDCM7PFemN/J3P2haA3X4jh1n6Vhpfp2eWKf36ChaS7yMqAAKiX0WOgXlTe/s+g yo4g==
I'm about to add an autobuild for Ocarina+POK (and aadl-qa BTW), so this would be quickly detected.
I can update code generator whenever this is required, so you may go ahead. As pointed by Julien, being conformant is more important than breaking incompatible tools ;)
Also, breaking Ocarina is expected, but not an issue since there is no known project (by me) that uses it.
I imagine it would break RAMSES equally
Le 20 févr. 2014 à 14:23, Julien Delange <julien@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
> Hi Maxim,
> I do not remember that buffer can be assigned at run-time. The buffer can be created at runtime but the name is static, no? Can you send the piece of the standard that details that part?
> As part of updating POK, I have no issue with that. On the other hand, POK is used with Ocarina so you should also update Ocarina as well. If you are not familiar with Ada, we can help you, the code is pretty basic and there is a lot of folks that are contributing to the project. I asume Jerome might help on that front, I can be helpful too.
> But our objective would be to improve POK but also let it usable with the current toolset (i.e. do not break anything that already works).
> Thanks for your e-mail, I am looking forward to see your contributions!
> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 6:26 AM, Maxim Malkov <malkov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> According to ARINC-653 standard that I happen to have at hand, POK
> deviates greatly from it.
> For example, it states that buffer names are to be assigned at run time,
> not statically (how POK does it now).
> With that said, I can contribute some patches that significantly improve
> compatibility with the standard. Are you interested in them?
> The problem is, external code generators like Ocarina might break, as
> they're "accustomed" to working with broken buffers and other APIs. I'm
> not sure that I will be able to fix that.