Re: [pok-devel] Re: [pok] problem with the network example

On 05/18/2011 07:21 AM, Jens Halbig wrote:
I tested it with the qemu versions 008, 009, 010, 011 ,012, 013 and 014
with gcc3.4 and gcc4.1 and gcc 4.5 (debian 4, 5 and 6 and with ubuntu
10.10 and 11.04). Everywhere the same result ("rtl8029: PCI init failed!").

Which versions of GCC, QEMU and OS have you used for development and
testing?

As long as I remember, it used to work with gcc 4.4 for x86 and qemu 0.10. Also, give a try with a qemu that does not come from debian but a qemu that is compiled from scratch. Maybe the ubuntu/debianized version are patched and modify the behavior of the PCI network card.

Is it necessary to make some other settings in the operating system
(network settings for example)?

No, I don't think so. Maybe there is some concerns if your network connection is filtered (instances of QEMU cannot communicate), but according to the error, it does not seem to be an error like that.

Maybe Laurent can provide more useful tips about such issues.

Best,

Note : Also, feel free to subscribe to the list and be part of the pok community : you're welcome :-)