Re: [pok-devel] Trouble running examples/partition-scheduling on Qemu-emulated PowerPC/Prep

On 05/19/2011 12:40 PM, Alexis Fouilhe wrote:

I have been playing with POK for quite a while now and still cannot
manage to get examples/partition-scheduling working. I am trying to run
it under Qemu as a PowerPC/Prep emulator. From what gdb tells me,
pok_boot is executed and then returns into _pok_reset. From there, I
have lost the execution path to catch it again (via a breakpoint) in
pok_arch_rfi. When the rfi execution at the end of it is executed,
nothing happens, the Qemu process eats up 100% of the CPU core time.
Ctrl-C'ing leaves me executing reserved_2F00 (which seems to explain
Qemu becoming CPU-hungry).

Would you have any clues ?

Dear Alexis,

The PPC port was never heavily tested. So, I don't think many people give a try to this port and really use it. So, I think you should consider either debug it yourself or use another port if you don't want to focus on PPC architectures.

Best regards,