Re: [hatari-users] AssemPro Debugger Hang

Am Tue, 26 May 2020 17:45:18 +0300

> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the late reply.
>
> On 5/15/20 1:35 PM, Mike Harbour wrote:
[...]
> > -I have not found a way around this yet, (when I 'uninstall' this
> > cartridge from the Atari desktop, the symptom reoccurs.

Even if you remove the cartridge icon from the Atari desktop, it's
still there and active, it's just the icon that is gone.

> Cartridge image has a bit of native code to help
> handling TOS side allocations for GEMDOS calls,
> mainly Pexec.
>
> I think that's still needed even for GEMDOS
> tracing despite the rewrite Thomas did to minimize
> GEMDOS HD emulation needs for the native cartridge
> code.
>
> Thomas?

Yes, the cartridge is still required for the GEMDOS HD emulation.
Intercepting the trap #2 handler without cartridge did not work out as
expected.

One thing that you might want to check: Is your program messing around
with the trap #2 vector, too? ... if yes, that might cause some
problems. You can check the vector with "m 0x84" in the debugger, if
the second byte is less than FA, the vector has been changed to
something in RAM...

 Thomas