Re: [hatari-users] Accents in UI

On 11/10/2012 15:54, Eero Tamminen wrote:
This makes the assumption that file names are commonly in latin-1.
They are not, it's file system specific (mount option).

On Linux they're nowadays all in UTF-8.  I don't know what's common on
Windows or OSX, but I'm pretty sure it's not some region specific
legacy 8-bit encoding.

On Windows, the file functions return the file names translated to the system locale, whatever the internal file system encoding is. The fonts use the same locale, so there is never trouble when standard system fonts are used.

On Cygwin, the file functions return the file names translated to the current Cygwin locale (LANG variable).

--
Vincent Rivière