Re: [hatari-devel] Adding cache support for the MegaSTE

Christian Zietz schrieb:

Please change your program as I suggested in my previous post; and we'll
have the confirmation for my hypothesis.

Or, I have patched your program (see attachment) to read from a
different address that it writes to, to ensure cache misses on the data.
The results are also attached. As you can see, the "write words, read
words" case suffers. The others remain unchanged, because those were
cache misses before, too. (Or the cache was off to begin with.)

The speedup you see with cache on is now entirely caused by the caching
of the code.

Regards
Christian
--