Re: [hatari-devel] Joystick dialog crashes with Ubuntu 24.04

Am Fri, 5 Jul 2024 17:00:06 +0300

> Hi,
>
> User is reporting that opening SDL GUI Joystick dialog crashes
> Hatari, on Lubuntu 24.04:
> 	https://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?p=466100
>
> Is anybody here using some Ubuntu 24.04 variant?   And if yes, can
> you reproduce the issue?
>

> I took a quick look at the related code, and it's possible that SDL
> Joystick name query may get given invalid struct address if SDL
> reports error or no joysticks, or user has invalid joystick mapping
> in his config file.
>
> Attached patch will hopefully handle such issues.  Any comments on it?
>

> 	- Eero

I am using Xubuntu 22.04 and I had similar issues as the reported ones.
E.g. selected joystick reported as "null" and flickering around on
button click in my case.

I am willing to recompile a fresh snapshot with the patch applied to
see if it will fix things in my case.

Thank you for investigating!
Matthias
--