Re: [hatari-devel] Joystick dialog crashes with Ubuntu 24.04

Am Fri, 5 Jul 2024 16:47:55 +0200
schrieb Matthias Arndt <ssb.atari@xxxxxx>:

> Am Fri, 5 Jul 2024 17:00:06 +0300
> schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > User is reporting that opening SDL GUI Joystick dialog crashes
> > Hatari, on Lubuntu 24.04:
> > 	https://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?p=466100
> >
> > Is anybody here using some Ubuntu 24.04 variant?   And if yes, can
> > you reproduce the issue?
> >

> > I took a quick look at the related code, and it's possible that SDL
> > Joystick name query may get given invalid struct address if SDL
> > reports error or no joysticks, or user has invalid joystick mapping
> > in his config file.
> >
> > Attached patch will hopefully handle such issues.  Any comments on
> > it?
> >

> > 	- Eero
>

> I am using Xubuntu 22.04 and I had similar issues as the reported
> ones. E.g. selected joystick reported as "null" and flickering around
> on button click in my case.
>
> I am willing to recompile a fresh snapshot with the patch applied to
> see if it will fix things in my case.
>
> Thank you for investigating!
> Matthias
> --
> https://final-memory.org/

At first glance it compiles and seems to work for me.
The selected real joystick doesn't go to null anymore and even if it is
deselected one can navigate the GUI.

I will test this a little bit more in the upcoming days.
Unless I report anything else back it will be working well enough for
my needs.

Matthias

--
https://final-memory.org/