Re: [hatari-devel] Joystick dialog crashes with Ubuntu 24.04

Am Fri, 5 Jul 2024 16:08:55 +0200
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Le 05/07/2024 à 16:00, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > User is reporting that opening SDL GUI Joystick dialog crashes Hatari,
> > on Lubuntu 24.04:
> >      https://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?p=466100
> >
> > Is anybody here using some Ubuntu 24.04 variant?   And if yes, can you
> > reproduce the issue?
> >

> > I took a quick look at the related code, and it's possible that SDL
> > Joystick name query may get given invalid struct address if SDL reports
> > error or no joysticks, or user has invalid joystick mapping in his
> > config file.
> >
> > Attached patch will hopefully handle such issues.  Any comments on it?
> >

> >      - Eero
>
> Hi
>
> can't reproduce the crash when no joystick is plugged, but I'm not using
> ubuntu + I'm using sdl 2.30 and not 2.2 as the user reported.

Ubuntu 24.04 seems to use SDL 2.30, too, it's just a weird naming of the
file name that is confusing here. Refer to:

 https://packages.ubuntu.com/noble/libsdl2-dev

In the file list that you can access at the bottom of the page, you can see
that the lib is called:

 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSDL2-2.0.so

The file has the same name on Fedora, too, so I assume this is basically
the standard naming of the .so file.