Re: [hatari-devel] big icon file for macOS ?

Am Sat, 30 Mar 2024 09:16:52 +0100
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Le 30/03/2024 à 08:06, Thomas Huth a écrit :
> > Am Fri, 29 Mar 2024 11:30:22 -0400
> > schrieb Brad Smith <rainwarrior@xxxxxxxxx>:
> >
> >> Mac standards do require a 1024x1024 icon these days.
> >>
> >> If you used nearest neighbour upscaling instead of the interpolated large
> >> images, they would probably compress a lot smaller, though.
> >
> > That sounds like a good idea ... I had a quick try with the "png2icns" tool
> > and converted the pngs from our "share" folder into the icns format, and
> > that results in a .icns file with the size of 721658 bytes. Still quite a
> > bit, but way better than the current one. Shall I go ahead and push that
> > file to the repository?
>
> Hi
>
> I think you can push it, as long as all the size are still the same, it
> shouldn't break anything.

Reading through some information like this:

 https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12306223/how-to-manually-create-icns-files-using-iconutil

.... it seems like we even might be able to create the .icns on the fly
during the build process... I'll give it a try...