Re: [hatari-devel] big icon file for macOS ?

Am Sat, 30 Mar 2024 10:46:57 +0000
schrieb Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Am Sat, 30 Mar 2024 09:16:52 +0100
> schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > Le 30/03/2024 à 08:06, Thomas Huth a écrit :

> > > That sounds like a good idea ... I had a quick try with the "png2icns" tool
> > > and converted the pngs from our "share" folder into the icns format, and
> > > that results in a .icns file with the size of 721658 bytes. Still quite a
> > > bit, but way better than the current one. Shall I go ahead and push that
> > > file to the repository?
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I think you can push it, as long as all the size are still the same, it
> > shouldn't break anything.
>
> Reading through some information like this:
>
>  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12306223/how-to-manually-create-icns-files-using-iconutil
>
> ... it seems like we even might be able to create the .icns on the fly
> during the build process... I'll give it a try...

OK, I've pushed a patch now to create the icns file dynamically. It seems
to work fine in the CI, but it would be great if one of the macOS users
could check whether the build also still works fine with a manual Xcode now.